Saturday, January 3, 2009

Impresario (XXI)

One news paper advertised about having a short course or college or some kind of vocational school in tourism industry. It’s a shortened one year program majoring hotel industry. I was kind of interested with the advertisement, and after discussing with some relatives I went to see the course and found out what it was all about and of course the most important was about the course fee itself. The college / course were under Impresario foundation, and that was the name of the course / college. I collected some brochures and took it home. Now I had to think where to get “the sponsor” I went to see uncle Zainal, he was the co owner of Beringin Restaurant, the other owner was my grandfather Masri Jamil who is the half brother of my grandfather Djamarun Rasjad. I expressed my intention to uncle Zainal and about my plan to take the course, without thinking much he gave me the necessary fund for the course fee. I conveyed my gratitude, and was going home happily.

The next day I went back to the course to get myself registered. The fee itself was not expensive really, it was only Rp. 300,000.- I got myself registered and went back home afterwards thinking that I would work at a hotel someday. I thought it’s cool to work wearing nice uniform or suite. But all I was thinking working at hotel was greeting guest at front desk and putting the smiling face with nice suite.

There were about 25-30 students enrolled in my class, there we were given few subjects such as hotel management, front office, food production, housekeeping, English for hotel etc. The lecturers were mostly practitioners in renowned five star hotels as well as lecturers in other hotel academy or tourism vocational schools, so yes the lectures were qualified enough. We had class almost every day and very often before and after the class we used to gather chatting and joking. The class mates were Faisal, Iwan, Zailani, and others. Also besides chatting and joking we often sang some song followed with a guitar played by Zailani, there was one song that we always sang it “I saw her standing there” by the Beatles.

to be continued...

1 comment:

Fida Abbott said...

That is very cool picture on your Blog Top.

Thanks for your visit to my blogs.

Best regards from PA